You’ve told your son or daughter that they can be anything they set their minds to be. However, in today’s competitive society, that’s not always true. There are far fewer spots in the top colleges and universities and in the most competitive careers, like veterinary medicine or astrophysics, than there are students and graduates with their hearts set on filing those spots.
Test scores, particularly SAT and ACT exam scores, are a prime factor when admissions committees make decisions about whom to offer a coveted spot in their freshman classes. Such test scores are also a determining factor for academic scholarships. You can say one test doesn’t matter, but in the case of the SAT and exams like the SSAT, ISEE, GMAT and MCAT, one test score can make a big difference. A private tutor can help you son or daughter prepare to excel academically.
The Benefits of Hiring a Test Prep Tutor
Hiring a test prep tutor can help your student be the best he or she can be come test day. Such tutoring programs have many benefits, just a few of which are listed below:
1. Takes away the “scary” factor. Standardized tests can be scary. They are usually timed, so there’s no opportunity to get comfortable with the format and the type of questions on the day of the test. A private tutor can help your student understand what to expect come test day.
2. Tailored made. Private tutoring sessions are tailored specifically for one student. Your son or daughter doesn’t have to sit through material that isn’t beneficial to him or her.
3. Enthusiasm. Test prep tutors have an enthusiasm for learning (or they wouldn’t have chose that line of work.) Such enthusiasm can be contagious and can help your student re-energize about preparing for test day.
4. Lets students become familiar with the test format. A test preparation tutoring program will focus on sample test questions, in the same format as the SAT or other test. That means no surprises come test day.
5. Identifies weak areas. Not all schools–even private schools–cover all the material necessary to score well on the SAT or other college exam. A private tutor can help to identify areas where your student is weak and help to correct those problem areas.
Preparing for the SSAT? ISEE? Perhaps you might even be preparing for college admissions and the SAT and ACT: whichever exams or subjects, be ready and have the right academic tools to succeed.
Don’t leave your child’s future to chance. If your child has her mind set on an Ivy League school or a competitive career, give her the tools she needs to be her best.
Tutoring plans include a test prep tutor directly to you (in-home), real practice tests, books, custom study plan. Call Us Now: (800) 501-7737