SSAT Prep – Exam Day
You’ve taken SSAT practice tests for months, worked with a tutor on your weak points, learned the tricks to acing each section, increased your confidence, and consequently, bumped up your practice test scores significantly. Now the test day has arrived and you’re starting to feel nervous. Here are some tips for taking the SSAT test to prepare you for the test day.
Before you leave home on test day:
- Make your SSAT checklists and double check that you have these items in a bag and ready to go the night before the test.
Bring these items on your SSAT Exam Day:
• SSAT Admission Ticket
• Sharpened #2 pencils
• Special accommodations documents (if necessary)
• Photo ID
• Snacks/drinks for the break
Leave these at Home
Other useful tips for the SSAT exam:
- Get a good night’s sleep the entire week before the test. Practice waking up early for a few days before the test so you are accustomed to it on test day.
- Eat a healthy breakfast before you leave for the test, and make sure you have a snack and drink packed for the break.
- Quickly flip through your test-prep book and review the tips for each section.
- Plan to arrive at the testing site by 8:15am. The test usually begins at 9:00am sharp and will end between 12:00 and 12:15 pm. Be sure to have arranged for your ride home after the test.
Once you get to the testing site:
- Listen carefully to the test supervisor and follow all of the instructions in the test booklet.
- Gather yourself during the breaks. There is a tendency to discuss the questions amongst the other students, but that will only make you nervous. Ignore this chatter, have your snack and drink and mentally prepare yourself for the next section.
Don’t wait until exam day to prepare for the SSAT test. Call our test prep experts at (800) 501-7737 today.