Top Ten College Programs in Video Game Design and Computer Engineering
Games Pro Media, the publisher of GamePro magazine has identified the top ten undergraduate programs in video game design. Their selections are based on surveys of administrators at 150 colleges that offer video game courses. The results follow…
The Top Ten Programs for Video Game Design / Computer Engineering:
1. University of Southern California, Los Angeles
2. University of Utah, Salt Lake City
3. DigiPen Institute of Technology, Redmond, Wash.
4. The Art Institute of Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia
5. Michigan State University, East Lansing
6. Worcester Polytechnic University, Worcester, MA
7. Drexel University, Philadelphia
8. Champlain College, Burlington, VT
9. Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
10. Becker College, Worcester, Mass.
It’s time to get to work or is that to play? While computer engineering is the clearest path to a career in video-game design, there are alternative paths. Consult the undergraduate schools on which you are deliberating on their offerings in this area and keep in mind that a graduate degree is frosting on the cake and will maximize your opportunities.